These durable and lightweight containers are excellent for storing/transport spent grains for your brewery. Most importantly, they meet the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) requirements for spent grain removal (21 CFR 117.95). They are made of USDA/FDA-compliant materials and color-coded. They can be easily cleaned or pressure washed before reuse to ensure food safety. The optional lids will keep pests away, tamp down smells, and still allow the bins to be stacked for storage/transport. Unlike standard trash bins, these containers won't be confused for trash. Runners allow for easy transport via forklift or pallet jack which prevents injury to your staff. They are so lightweight you can move an empty container by hand! The one-piece, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) construction is durable yet flexible - it won't shatter if you puncture with the forklift.
Want to know more about the FSMA requirements for spent grain disposal? Read our Blog post on this topic!
Features / Specifications
- FSMA-compliant per GMP Guidelines for Spent Grain Removal
- Completely sanitary - can be high-pressure washed and sterilized
- One-piece HDPE construction is durable and meets USDA standards for direct food contact
- Optional lids keep pests, physical contaminants and smells away
- Nestable/stackable for easy storage or transport
- Available in 4 colors for food safety and/or high contrast with regular trash bins
- Dimensions: 48" x 40" x 31" H
- Weight capacity: 1,500 lbs.
- Volume capacity: 190 U.S. gallons (719 liters), 25.4 cubic feet, 20.4 bushels
- Maximum temperature range: -40°F (-40°C) to +140°F (60°C)
- Available options include drainplug, bulkhead, casters and drop-gates (additional charges apply)
- NOTE: Drop-gates are NOT water tight therefore they leak and are not ideal for spent grain
We typically respond with an estimate including freight within one business day.