Insulated Thermal Cover/Liner for Bulk Containers & Agricultural Harvest Bins
- Typically ships in 1-2 business days (Call for Availability)
These reusable, insulated thermal covers are ideal for protecting fruit and produce during harvest, storage and transport. They are also ideal for transporting temperature sensitive items to help meet cool chain requirements. They are designed to fit most bulk pallet bins, bulk containers and agriculture harvest bins including Macro Bins (Macro Plastics), MACX Bins (Decade Products), Wood Bins and Gaylord Bins. The reflective cover helps keep the fruit/produce cool while the bubble lining protects from bruising. The lightweight silver cover reflects the sun's harmful heat while keeping the fruits and vegetables cooler and moisture loss to a minimum. The cover also helps protect against insects and debris. It is puncture resistant and water repellent. Can be used a bulk container liner as well. Available in two sizes: 50” L x 42” W x 25” H (Rectangle) and 50” L x 50” W x 25” H (Square). Ship your temperature sensitive food items with confidence with our protective covers!
The cover consists of an outer layer of metalized film that reflects up to 95% of radiant heat. An inner layer of insulating bubbles resists conductive heat flow and helps to keep the fruit from being bruised. The last layer is comprised of a sheet of clear polyethylene for added strength.
View a short video: https://vimeo.com/703405958
NOTE: Always use a strap or stretch wrap film around the base of the bin cover to prevent wind damage to the cover when transporting on a flatbed trailer or in high wind conditions. Some fruits and vegetables stay fresher with added ventilation. Consider cutting a hole or adding a vent flap to increase air circulation. Please test the Frosty Binz cover with your food type or product before using. Shipping food is not an exact science as there are many variables to consider such as food type, transit time, ambient air temperature, humidity, ventilation, direct sunlight, and inside trailer temperature to name a few. Performance is dependent on environmental conditions and application; therefore, no guarantees apply. Frosty Binz LLC cannot guarantee favorable results and assumes no liability in connection with the use of our products.
Features / Specifications
- Dimensions: Available in Rectangle (50” L x 42” W x 25” H) or Square (50” L x 50” W x 25” H)
- Ideal for protecting fruit and produce during harvest, storage or transport
- Converts to bulk container liner
- Silver cover reflects sun's harmful heat and reduces moisture loss
- Reduces hot and cold temperature spikes - can be used with dry ice and cold packs
- Puncture resistant and water repellent
- Protects against insects and debris
- Lightweight easy to apply or store
- Superior to non-food grade tarps and fabric
- Enhances food safety and hygiene by reducing cross contamination
- Critical for HACCP & FSMA food safety plans
- Weight: 1-2 lbs
- Materials: Metalized film and Polyethylene
- Made of FDA Approved Material: Title 21, Section 21CFR175.105. Product meets the requirements of secondary or incidental contact with foods as a packaging material.
Manufactured in USA by Innovative Energy, Inc., makers of InsulTote packaging